44680 Schweyey Road, Chilliwack, B.C. V2R 5M5
About Shxwhá:y Village
- We are referred to as Shxwhá:y I.R. #5 by all official governments.
- We hold joint title to Skulmalasph I.R. #16 and Grasslands I.R.#15.
- We are located adjacent to City of Chilliwack.
- We are north of the Chilliwack River and east & south of the Fraser River.
- Shxwhá:y is situated west of Coco-Oppelo Slough.
- Our Village comprises an area of approximately 670 acres.
- We are located within Stó:lō/ Ts’elxwéyeqw traditional territory.
- Our current population is 403 people. We are spread throughout Canada and the United States. 15% (59 members) live at I.R. Skway #5 (Shxwhá:y Village). 85% (344 members) live off reserve.